A sprint in the trenches, we focused on building out the mvp for a reputation index, uncovered a few requirements needed from lotus, had a number of good conversations with lotus team and others to clarify some uncertainties, and started building out interfaces (CLI) to some of the modules.
- MVP of Reputations Index
- Preliminary designs of Filecoin command-line CLI
- Wallet/address management tooling
- No major tickets
Tickets or PRs Closed
- org: we published the main fil-tools development repo
- lotus: improvement to calculate across arbitrary forks in lotus (pr)
- go-hamt-ipld : performance improvement (pr/pending)
- reputation index and module (pr)
- module to manage multiple wallet addresses in same node (pr)
Highlight of Challenges
- Most of retrieval and storage markets implementation is still in progress, and seems to be implemented in the next 2 weeks to be merged in Lotus. Consequences of this are:
- Some things in what we have implemented in the Deal Module will have changes.
- The Retrieval Module can’t be done yet since not much this exist in code.
- New added features may need to create some further PRs in Lotus as we’ve been doing if we consider that should be available for clients.
- Considering that most of storage and retrieval market code is under heavy development, a classical Deal→Retrieve flow can’t be done on testnet yet. Similar thing happen with Reputation information but that seems to be more solid since involves only reading on-chain information, and not communicating with real storage or retrieval miners. We’ll try to explore making a private testnet (but we can’t simulate having tens of miners to consider that realistic).
Major Revisions to Plan
- Develop and share lotus backup feed to community
- Manage chain reorgs in core modules (related to pr)
- Preliminary design of Repair Module
- Next iteration of Reputation Index (persist state, publish feed)
- CLI for Reputation
- CLI for Deals/Wallet